Community First Saturdays and The Great Urban Core Scavenger Hunt Tips and Tricks (including parking info)
- Parking Downtown is EASY. There is a map here with all kinds of options. Street parking is free at metered spaces and there are a lot of metered spaces nearby on the grid. If you insist on paying or not walking much, the most convenient pay lot is the Jacksonville Landing parking lot just across Independent Drive. ALSO- The Landing is doing amazing things tomorrow. You should definitely stop by there, as there is a FIESTA GOING ON! Oh yeah and we ALWAYS HAVE BIKE VALET! WHOOT!
- We’ll start handing out waivers at 10am, its best to be onsite by 10:30. ALL of your teammates must sign the waiver to participate, bring a pen. Create a fun and family friendly team name and put it at the top of your waiver.
- Once you have your waiver in hand we’ll start lining folks up, only one team member needs to be in this line.
- At 11am on the dot we’ll exchange your waiver for an envelope. KEEP THE ENVELOPE.
- The hunt is like a worksheet. YOU MUST FILL IN EVERY BLANK and answer every clue correctly to win.
- HINT: This is the Great Urban Core Scavenger Hunt and it is all about introducing you to things and places you may or may not already know about Downtown and its bordering urban core communities.
- HINT: Bicycles are allowed on the Skyway for Community First Saturdays. Ok that is not super helpful but I thought I’d mention it as we are really happy to have JTA as a sponsor and have the Skyway on during our event (Skyway operates from 9am to 5pm on CFS)
- Once you are done with the Hunt, please consider lunch from one of our awesome food trucks in the Sawyer Gas Food Truck Alley! I bet there is a truck you haven’t tried out there tomorrow. Our line up changes every month!
- The Hunt isn’t the only thing going on. You can get all resolutionized with Fight Fit at 11:30 and check out our Tai Chi class at 3.
- THE JOHN CARVER BAND plays from 1pm to 3pm!
- We’ll have fun activities including Crafternoon and a great little sale from NATURAL LIFE, so bring some money if ya got some. All food trucks take cards BUT…
- THE BAR IS CASH ONLY TOMORROW! We’ll feature SHIFT beer from New Belgium Brewery and waters and sodas. There is an ATM a block away if you forget $. 🙂
- If you are under 21 or don’t want anything cold, we’ve got hot coffee from Christopher Bean. All day.
- BE CAREFUL: Don’t break any laws. Don’t speed (not worth hurting anyone). And most importantly have fun!